WH40k Dark Heresy: Communion
Imperial Hive World
Tithe: Exactus Extremis
Known Hives and notable locations on Necromunda include:
- Hive Primus — Largest and oldest surviving Hive and planetary capital under Lord Helmawr. Hive Primus boasts the most magnificent and grandiose architecture on Necromunda.
- Ring of Selene — Orbital trade port, one of the busiest such localities in Segmentum Solar. The Ring is the only means by which goods are legally brought to or from Necromunda. Goods from the Ring are shipped to Hive Primus then sent out by land to other Hives in exchange for manufactured goods.
- Hive Trazior — Known as the Three Sisters due to the three huge spires that can be seen from this great hive-city. Trazior is located on the edge of the Great Equatorial Waastes and is the southernmost “frontier” Hive of the great Palatine Cluster. Many important merchant clans are based in this hive. The Hive is dominated by House Orlock.
- Acropolis Hive — Another old and ornate Hive in the Palatine cluster, located at a vital intersection of several great road tunnels. The Acropolis Hive is home to some of the most powerful merchant clans and is also home to massive shanty towns from those who hope to get a share of some of the wealth. House Delaque is the dominate force in the Acropolis.
- Hive Temenos — This hive sees the headquarters of the Ecclesiarchy on Necromunda, and its population is said to be the most devout and pious. Many of the resident Clan Houses manufacture ritual items for the Ecclesiarchy while others work in their scriptoriums. Hive Temenos is a major powerbase for House Cawdor.
- Quinspirus Cluster — Located on the edge of the solidified sludge sea called the Worldsump Ocean. When the sea was still navigable, it was home to great dockyards which are now buried deep under the surface. The Hive has five great spires and is home to constant gang wars between House Orlock and House Delaque.
- The Skull — This derelict hive is the largest of a cluster of three remote ruined Hives, once populated but abandoned due to Ork raiders many years prior.
- Hive Secundus — Originally the second greatest hive city on Necromunda, around a century ago it fell to Genestealer infestation due to unsanctioned Adeptus Mechanicus biological research. The Inquisition was forced to intervene and terrible destruction followed. Under intense fire from Necromunda’s PDF defense batteries, the central spire was toppled. Despite this the Genestealers were not fully purged and remain among the ruins alongside feral humans, which are now guarded by a defensive line manned by Necromundan Conscripts and Penal Legion troopers.
- Hive Mortis — Once an industrial lynchpin of the equatorial city clusters, it has now been reduced to a barely-populated wreck after an outbreak of plague. Mortuary cults have since been created in the Hive, which subsist by harvesting and breaking down corpses. House Escher holds sway in Hive Mortis.
- Gothrul’s Needle — A spire rivaling Hive Primus, Gothrul’s Needle was one of the first original spaceports on Necromunda. The Needle is rare in that it is ruled by democracy and a council of elected representatives. Considered insidious, the Houses of other hives have tried to bring down the rulers of Gothrul for years, sometimes in the form of blockades while other times in the form of a campaign known as the shadow war. Gang warfare is prohibited in the needle but criminal elements still run rife in the lower levels. These are combated by Gothrul’s citizen protection officers.